Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 13: Zero Day

Today is our first day off.  A "Zero Day".  In theory a day with no riding.  In reality there will be a little riding as we get around town to do a few errands.

After sleeping in a bit I decided it was time to go through all of my bags, top to bottom, and look for extra stuff that I  not using that can be sent home.

I came up with several pounds of gear even after deciding to keep the stove that we have hardly used.  We can always decide to get rid of it later.

Unfortunately I found that the post office is not open on Saturdays in this town.  I'll have to haul the extra gear around for a few more days.

After coffee and wifi catching up at a local shop we grabbed lunch and went by the grocery store to stock up.

The afternoon was spent relaxing and planning the next few days.  Soon we will be getting into the National Parks portion of the trip.  I am looking forward to that.  

We have some pretty tough days ahead in the next week but we seem to be on track to be in Yosemite on schedule.

Zero day ended up with about 3.5 miles of riding but the groceries are set for the next day or so and all the clothes are clean.  A good night's sleep again and I will be ready to get back on the road tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment